“East Meets West” Grant Program
“East Meets West” grant program of the 2023 IEEE NAP Conference is designed to facilitate and encourage the participation of full-time Ph. D. students and certain underrepresented groups by providing support to cover the conference registration fees, and/or accommodation, on a competitive basis. Requests for travel expenses reimbursement are discouraged but will be considered too. There will be several sub-categories of these merits- and need-based grants:
(1) Ph. D. students presenting at the IEEE NAP-2023 Conference. Only full-time graduate/undergraduate international students are eligible, the students who submitted their conference proceeding manuscripts (4+ pages) will be given priority. Other factors that will be taken into consideration include gender balance, diversity of the applicants’ area of research and geographical representation.
(2) Undergrad & Ph. D. students who are the IEEE Magnetics Society members presenting their research at the conference. Students who submitted their conference proceeding manuscript (4+ pages) will be given priority. New members are welcome to apply! To join the IEEE Magnetics Society, please click here.
(3) Women in Science & Engineering (WiSE). The IEEE NAP-2023 Organizing Committee encourages the participation of women in the technical program of the conference, regardless of their nationality or ethnic background. Early career applicants will be given the highest priority
(4) Participants from Ukraine presenting their research in the areas of nanobio interfacing and nanomedicine are eligible to apply for the registration fees waiver sponsored by the BioUkraine Initiative of the US-Ukraine Foundation. Ph.D students residing and studying full-time in Ukraine will be given priority.
(5) War-affected participants. The Organizing Committee recognizes a number of challenges confronting the scientific community as a direct consequence of the war in Ukraine. Thus, we will do our best to provide the support and/or registration fee waivers to the participants from Ukrainian institutions.
All grant applications can be submitted only AFTER the abstract submission and registration at the conference website. The application should be a single PDF or DOC file, with the file name that includes the applicant’s last name, followed by the grant sub-category number (1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 see above). For example: Petrenko_2.pdf, McClaremy_4.doc, etc. The following information is required (incomplete applications will not be considered):
1) Cover Letter with Abstract/Manuscript ID#, justifying the need for grant support;
2) One-page abstract of the IEEE NAP-2023 presentation;
3) Resume or CV with the list of publications included;
4) For students only: Letter(s) of Recommendation from their supervisor or senior colleague;
5) For students only: Copy of the student’s ID card
All applicants are expected to attend the entire conference and actively participate in all technical sessions. “East Meets West” grant applications should be emailed to email@example.com before June 10th, 2023, with “IEEE NAP2023 Grant Application” in the subject line. The applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis, thus please do not delay! Post-deadline submissions will not be considered.
The IEEE NAP-2023 Awards & Grants Committee will review and rank the applications, and provide recommendations to the Conferences General Chairs for final approval. Appeals will not be considered. The decisions will be emailed to successful Applicants by June 30th, 2023, or earlier.